Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Lip Smackers

The sweetest feeling on earth is to receive a kiss from a baby! Seth has just learned how to give kisses, and boy, does he like to give them away! His wide open mouth with drool streaming down his chin heading straight for my mouth; he is not to be deterred. I try to get him to kiss my cheek, but no, he has learned how to kiss, and he is going to do it right! Seth will not stop at one kiss, but keep going until he is either distracted or laughs. After I mop my face off, I give him a big hug and he squeezes right back. Babies and children love to love. They teach me how to love. With abandon, no holds barred, giving all and expecting nothing in return, with complete trust, and utter disregard for what anyone else thinks. As adults, we have figured out that sometimes when we love, others will hurt or mock us. Our love is incomplete. But if we open our hearts to God's love, he will make our love perfect. "We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in Him. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect...Such love has no fear because perfect love expels fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of judgment, and this shows that His love has not been perfected in us (1 John 4:16-18)"

No comments: