Friday, June 27, 2008

Quiet Rest

The stained glass windows for the sanctuary were just put in yesterday. I've only seen them from the outside, but they look stunning. I remember when I was a kid, and we'd visit a church that had stained glass windows, I would look at the Bible pictures on them during the sermon and think about the stories from the Bible. Have you ever sat alone in a sanctuary when sunlight is streaming through the stained glass windows? I haven't yet, but I imagine that it would feel like complete peace. In fact, we just talked about peace Wednesday night. About how we are not to worry or stress out about things, but instead give it all to Jesus and live in his uncomprehensible peace. And I can say that I get the best rest when I let Jesus worry about my problems. After all, He's God and I'm not. "In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety (Psalm 4:8)".


No comments: