Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Turn Around

Last night, Chris set Seth on the floor in the hallway while he was putting Eli to bed. I was folding laundry in my room. Chris suggested that I call Seth and see if he could figure out where I was. So I started calling, "Seth, hey buddy, Seth, come 'ere, big man, Seth, Seth..." Seth's head perked up - then he started crawling. The more I called, the faster he crawled - in the wrong direction! His little head was bobbing all around looking for me. I kept calling, "Seth, I'm over here, turn around, little guy, Seth..." He made it all the way to the dining room. Funny, it was dark in there. He sat in the doorway looking confused. Where is Mommy? Finally I came out into the hallway where he could see me. I called to him with my arms stretched out wide to him. With a big grin and drool dripping off his chin, he crawled as fast as he could straight into my hug. Isn't that a picture of Jesus - calling for us to come to Him? Some of us hear His voice and go straight to Him; others of us hear His voice and go the opposite direction. He calls every person; I've answered Him. Have you? "We are Christ's ambassadors, and God is using us to speak to you. We urge you, as though Christ himself were here pleading with you, 'Be reconciled to God!' (2 Corinthians 5:20)"

No comments: