Friday, November 16, 2007

Convention Paradise

Thank you to all who left a kind thought. We are doing much better. I still get tired easily, but hey, what's new about that?!

We just got back from our state denominational convention. We took all 4 kids with us... go ahead and call us crazy! We stayed on the 17th floor in the hotel; our room had a floor to ceiling, wall to wall window. Elijah woke up early both mornings just to stand at the window and watch all the tiny cars down below. Jacob, Savannah, and Eli all had backpacks filled with coloring books, crayons, toys, and snacks to help keep them quiet during the convention meetings. (There was no childcare provided - ugh!) All 4 of the kids were very well behaved. At the convention, there is a place called "paradise" (exhibit hall) for children. All manner of candy, stickers, lint brushes, jar lid openers, apples, water bottles, t-shirts, pens, pencils, post-it notes, key chains, flashlights, Hawaiian orchids, tote bags, bookmarks, and anything else a child could need or want were in full abundance just waiting to be given to us by smiling vendors. The exhibit hall was hands down the favorite place for Jacob, Savannah, Eli, Seth, and me! Of course, the actual convention was very interesting. Some important issues were discussed and voted on. My husband is even quoted in the Biblical Recorder! In my opinion, it is an honor and a big responsibility to be involved and knowledgable in my denomination. That way I can't complain if the denomination goes in a direction I don't like. I will know that I have done my best before God to remain Biblical in all things. "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15)."

No comments: